October 3, 2014

adventures



I fancy myself a traveller, of sorts. Toting bags through the never ending maze of airport terminals and navigating new and exciting places becomes more and more familiar with every adventure. Racing down the runway before soaring into the sky like a bird has never lost it's thrill, and the patchwork pattern on the ground below never fails to leave me breathless at the creativity of my Father.

I breathe in the crisp mountain air of Oregon, and almost wish I could pack up everything and live here forever. From the majestic, snow-topped peaks to the dry, desert-like valleys, everything is simply beautiful. No matter where I turn, natural beauty seems to envelop me. Never before have I seen landscape that is quite so captivating all the way to the horizon in every direction.

But in the end, I know I'm ready for home again. Yes, my heart seems to be scattered around the world in a million little pieces - but every time I leave, it's inevitable that my heart starts to wander back to the place I came from. 



1 comment:

  1. I just discovered your blog and it's oh so lovely! These are gorgeous pictures. I'm so glad I've joined and I'm looking forward to more posts. :)

    ReplyDelete