September 8, 2014

being present

A deep breath. A fresh point of view.
Every now and then I need both.

If you have a personality similar to mine, then you probably know the feeling. The to-do list is long, the days are short, and only so much can be squeezed into twenty-four hours. That feeling of accomplishment comes from having each item of the list checked off - and then being able to add more items and check them off too. And while it is important to get stuff done, I'm learning that it's also important to simply enjoy the moment. To be present. I want to soak up the beauty of each moment, because it's going to be gone in the blink of an eye. Kids are going to grow up. Summer has silently slipped into the beginnings of autumn. I can accomplish a list of items - but is it worth it if I'm too busy to spend time cultivating deep relationships?

I want to be present. In my family. In my friendships.
I don't want to miss a single opportunity.


No comments:

Post a Comment