February 4, 2014

a new chapter

Welcome to Written Upon My Heart...a new chapter. It's somewhat of a long story. Or adventure. Either term will do. And it all began five months ago with a journey to Africa.

Actually, I began blogging at Treasuring Today back in 2010, but over the years that blog has floated from one thing to the next with little clear direction. After returning from a five month blogging break due to my time in Africa, I decided that it was time for a new beginning. During those five months, God taught me so much and I grew a lot in my relationship with Him. In that time I also found that I really enjoy writing and telling stories through photographs. Although I know that I have much room for improvement, I realize that you have to start somewhere!

In a way, coming back from Africa feels like a whole new chapter of life. A whole new beginning. And that is sort of where this blog comes in. I wanted a blank journal in which to write thoughts and paste photographs. A place to share the lessons that God is teaching me and celebrate this beautiful gift of life. More than anything, I want this blog to be a place that is glorifying to my Lord and Savior. He is truly worthy of all glory and praise and I want my life to simply be a reflection of that.

So I hope you will join me on this adventure. One of laughter and tears. Summits and valleys. Learning and growing. You are welcome to grab a cup of coffee and cream (or perhaps tea is more your type), pull up a cozy chair beside the fireside, and come along with me as I dive into this new chapter of life God has placed before me.

Let the adventure begin.






No comments:

Post a Comment